On the way there. This is Punggol Jetty. I haven't been there for sometime. And there are some friendly people trying to fish. However, I don't think they should eat the fishes they caught, unless they don't mind having diarrhoea for the next thousand year and puking their intestine out.


This is Punggol Marina, or at least, that is what it was used to be called. The station is I think some LRT station.
We were trying to cross the dam beside the marina. The stench here makes any sewage plant smells like a perfume shop. Goodness, it is the foulest smelling place I've ever kayaked to. I was glad I didn't have my lunch before coming here.
You don't need geomancy to know this place is not doing well. It has bad fengshui. Stagnant water breeds mosquitoes, stinks the place up ...
There is actually a bigger and more beautiful dam later on that leads to cleaner waters.

Before I come here, I imagined residences at Punggol waterfront would be sitting by the sea, having alfresco dining, or some beer, chilled out by the river ... Well sometimes, reality doesn't sucks, it stinks! The people here have my deepest condolences. They have to 'wait long long' for the place to developed.
I have a feeling crabs don't have sense of smell. They seems oblivious to the 'sewage water'.
Back at Pasir Ris. A dead fish. Probaby killed by the pollutants, or maybe it decided to commit suicide after looking at the pathetic state of the sea water and the irresponsibly huge amount of litter.
(Warning: Do not click to enlarge if you just had your meal)Let's be responsible and do our part. The moral of the story is clear: Clear up your rubbish!
I would like to end this entry with a quote:
"Leave the world a little better than when you found it."
Lord Baden PowellFounder of the Scouting Movement
This quote has a deeper meaning than clearing up your own rubbish, but we can start with something simple and always be mindful about it. Clear up the rubbish, yours and others. 'Leave the world a little better than when you found it' I cannot have put it better than him.







1 comment:
Hello Sir! I totally cannot agree with you more! I'm serving NS in a Naval Base and I'm utterly aware of the patehtic state of our waters!
It's amazing the amount and the kind of rubbish being thrown into the sea!! Once, I saw a floating tyre and I have friends telling me that they once spotted a floating TV!?!?!
Post a Comment